Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Catwalk: A Feline Odyssey-Book #9 for 2010

This was another book that I read as part of the book club I am part of on Facebook. I must say, it was infinitely better than the other one I read! I enjoyed reading it and looked forward to continuing the story every time I had to put it down.

It is "Catwalk: A Feline Odyssey" by Kathie Freeman. The book is her first published work and had been the book I voted for every month since joining the club. It is a story about a cat who wanders around, moving from home to homeless and back to home again. We see the cat go through many changes as she grows and matures. She receives several different names from the numerous people she encounters along the way and always appreciates the kindness bestowed upon her.

The book is self-published by the author, but don't let that turn you off. Although you may find errors in the printing and the cover is a little plain, it is a wonderful story and well worth picking up. I hope that Ms. Freeman continues to write because she seems to be an expert story teller.

I highly recommend this book to young adults and cat lovers. It was a pleasant reminder that unknown authors deserve to be noticed. Give this book a chance and spread the word, I think you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment