Saturday, January 8, 2011

Book #1: Paper Towns by John Green

My first book for 2011 was a gift from my lovely friend @kayakgal. She has quite the knack for sending me awesome books! This was no different.

"Paper Towns" by John Green is a young adult novel about Quentin Jacobsen, a high school senior in Orlando, and how his life is turned upside down by his neighbor and childhood friend, Margo Roth Spiegelman, when she takes him on a wildly adventurous journey late one night, then promptly disappears. He follows the mysterious clues that she leaves behind hoping to find her alive, but worried that he will find her dead. His best friends and classmates, Ben and Radar, along with Ben's new girlfriend Lacey, jump on board with the search, but none of them as engrossed as Q.

"Paper Towns" had me laughing hysterically and turning pages as quickly as I could. I found myself thinking about the book while I was at work, anxious to get back to reading it so I could learn where the clues would lead Q next.

Although the book is centered around high school students, it didn't feel like a book for kids at all. I loved every minute I spent reading this book and think it would appeal to a broad audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment