Sunday, November 6, 2011

Book #27: Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

The tenth installment of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, Ten Big Ones, starts off with a bang. An explosion, really. Right away, Stephanie's car explodes. Since her car remained intact during the ninth book, it was nice that it got torched so soon in this one.

Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter that always seems to get herself involved in crazy situations that she can't quite get out of on her own. This time, she ends up on a gang's hit list and she has to go into hiding. Of course, hiding to Stephanie still includes going out and finding skips, but if it were any different it just wouldn't be Stephanie.

This book brings back a character from earlier in the series, Sally Sweet, a big, ugly transvestite who is now driving a bus and becomes Stephanie's sister's wedding planner. As funny as that visual is, this book didn't make me laugh as much as the previous books. Don't get me wrong, I laughed. I'm not sure that Stephanie could not be funny. This book just didn't seem as laugh out loud hilarious as the ones before.

As always, I recommend this book. You don't have to start at the beginning of the series, but it's totally worth it if you do!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I do like her books. I need to put this one on the Book Wish list. Have had to start keeping a list of books I want to get now in addition to the one already read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use goodreads.com to keep track of my books. It has "shelves" for books that I'm reading, have read and to-read. Plus, I can make my own shelves. I love it!

    ReplyDelete