Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Book 2: The Long Quiche Goodbye-A Cheese Shop Mystery by Avery Aames

I love cheese. I really love cheese. When I spotted a series called "A Cheese Shop Mystery" I knew I had to read the first book. Written by Avery Aames, The Long Quiche Goodbye is a cozy mystery with Charlotte Bessette acting as the novice detective while she is busy running her family's cheese shop, Fromagerie Bessette.

At the grand opening of the store, Ed Woodhouse is murdered right outside the front door. Charlotte's Grandmère, also the town's mayor, was found near his body, covered in blood. She claims innocence, but is arrested.

Charlotte goes to work trying to figure out who the real killer is. Could it be Kristine, Ed's wife & Grandmère's opponant for mayor? Maybe it's Meredith, Charlotte's best friend. Charlotte comes up with many different suspects, each of whom she thinks may have good reason to kill Ed.

I felt the book moved a little slowly in the beginning, but once it got rolling it was easy to stick with. A bonus of the book is that the cheese dishes mentioned throughout the story are actually shared at the end of the book with their full recipes!

I'm definitely going to read the next book in the series, Lost and Fondue. I have to find out what happens with Charlotte and hunky Jordan!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I love cheese! Can I borrow this book? I promise to give it back plus I want to see what recipes you try.

    ReplyDelete