Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Book #15: If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't) by Betty White



I hope this doesn't constitute cheating, but I didn't actually read this book. It is in audio book format and I listened to it on a trip to Wichita last weekend. What makes it super-awesome though, is that it was read by the author herself, Betty White!


"If You Ask Me" is a collection of the author's thoughts on many different subjects. She talks about Hollywood, health, and my favorite subject, pets. You really get to understand what a down to earth person Betty White is. She discusses the Mary Tyler Moore Show, the Golden Girls and Hot in Cleveland. You get to hear her feelings about Saturday Night Live and the Snickers commercial. There are tons of funny and touching stories!

I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy listening to a book, but I really did! One of the perks to an audio book is you know exactly what the author's inflection is. I often wonder if I misread certain things and don't get the full understanding of what the author is saying. Not so in this situation. You get the story exactly as it should be told, not just your interpretation of it as you read.


Whether you pick up the traditional book or the audio version, you'll get wonderful insight from a funny lady who has seen a lot in her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment