Saturday, December 31, 2011

...And Then I Surpassed It! Book #36: Cat Lover's Daily Companion: 365 Days of Insight and Guidance for Living a Joyful Life with Your Cat by Kristen Hampshire, Iris Bass, and Lori Paximadis

I began "Cat Lover's Daily Companion" on January 1, 2011 and planned to read each day's entry. Of course, I would get behind and end up reading a week's worth at a time.

I kept the book by my bed all year and loved the variety of entries it offered. Every day (or week) I could look forward to a different topic. Mondays would be about practical information regarding cats. Tuesdays were probably my favorite, as they discussed felines in history, literature, and art. Wednesdays dealt with health and wellness. Thursdays were the ones I would find myself sometimes skimming, as those topics were about crafts and decor. Fridays introduced a different breed every week and was very informative. Saturdays and Sundays were lumped together for the weekend and were focused on bonding and relationship building between a cat and their human.

The fact that there were different topics for different days kept the book interesting. I learned quite a bit and plan to keep the book handy so I can look back through when I have a question about something. It's a wonderful guide for both new cat owners and experienced pet parents. This would make a great gift any time, but especially as a welcome home gift for a new cat. There is even a spot on the cover to add your cat's picture. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this book at my bookstore!

No comments:

Post a Comment